What is Wellness Coaching?
Professional coaches have long been recognized for their skills in helping athletes and executives perform at their best. Now professional wellness coaches are helping people reach their best health and well-being.
Wellness coaches are trained to help clients develop and implement personal wellness plans by:
- accepting and meeting us where we are today
- asking us to take charge
- guiding us in doing the mindful thinking and doing work that builds confidence
- helping us define a higher purpose for wellness and uncover our natural impulse to be well
- helping us tap into our innate fighting spirit
- addressing mental and physical health together
- helping us draw a personal wellness blueprint
- helping us set realistic goals; small victories lay the foundation for self-efficacy
- harnessing the strengths we need to overcome our obstacles
- helping us view obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow
- helping us build a support team
Wellness coaches are practitioners and life-long students of coaching psychology, a field focused on the scientific study of happiness and well-being.
Great coaches have several skills you will notice early. They are great listeners and enjoy your stories. They foster self-acceptance and self-respect. They arouse, engage, energize, and challenge you to reach higher at the right moment. They have a bird dog's ability to sniff out your strengths, values, and desires. They are playful when appropriate. They take risks and ask courageous questions. They don't rescue you from emotional muck - sometimes you need to sit in it for a bit to energize your desire to change. They know that your life is at stake if you don't take care of yourself. And they know how to celebrate your successes.
The process of wellness coaching progresses through several stages:
- You provide background information through various assessments, so that you and your coach are well-informed on the key issues, including medical considerations, as appropriate
- During the first 60-90 minute coaching session, you identify your priorities and develop a personal wellness plan including a vision, three month goals and the first steps.
- In subsequent 30-40 minute coaching sessions, each week, month, or quarter, you and your coach review the progress toward your vision and goals, explore and resolve the most pressing issues, learn something new, and then agree on a set of goals for the following week. You will enjoy plenty of ah-hah insights along the way.
As a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC) and Lifestyle Medicine specialist, I partner with both individuals and groups to help clearly define what's most important in their lives relating to their health and well-being.
With a mission of achieving the healthiest version of themselves, I empower clients to create a wellness vision in the present tense and then set doable, realistic goals around that vision. I guide clients to create self-directed, sustainable lasting change one transformational habit at a time that will result in health restoration
With a certification from Wellcoaches School of Coaching, the gold standard in coaching, and a Lifestyle Medicine Certificate from the American College of Lifestyle Medicine, I am educated, equipped and have the tools and skills to help my clients achieve all of their hopes and dreams.
My life-long passion is to help others find a way from where they are to where they truly want to be. I help people find their way through the power of motivational interviewing, positive psychology and cognitive behavior therapy.
My prior work as a district manager taught me the skills to communicate effectively, patiently, and sensitively. Overseeing a staff of more than 80 employees over 3 states helped me sharpen my time-management skills, be a team-player, build my teams, adapt to changes on a moment's notice, and be extremely organized.
I've achieved a Bachelor's Degree from the University of Massachusetts Amherst and an Associate's Degree from Holyoke Community College where I studied Communications, Psychology and Sociology graduating Magna Cum Laude.
I "walk the talk" when it comes to my own health and well-being serving as a role model for my clients. I am passionate about healthy food and have been a fitness enthusiast for over 30 years, thriving in finding balance with everything pertaining to my health and well-being.
My non-work priorities include quality time with friends and family, cooking healthy dishes as often as possible, yoga, kayaking, hiking, being active and traveling to Cape Cod whenever possible.
My Core Competencies:
* Women's Wellness
* Wellness Coaching
* Lifestyle Medicine
* Empathetic and Compassionate
* Life Balance
* Finding calm
* Communication and Listening Skills
* Team Player
Learn more about me and schedule a session by visiting my website; healthwellnesscoaches.com
If you are interested in contacting me, setting up a free 15-minute consultation to see if we'd be a good fit for coaching, or if you just want to learn more about me, please check out my website. https://www.healthwellnesscoaches.com