What is Wellness Coaching?
Professional coaches have long been recognized for their skills in helping athletes and executives perform at their best.
Now professional wellness coaches are helping people reach their best health and well-being.
Wellness coaches are trained to help clients develop and implement personal wellness plans by:
- accepting and meeting us where we are today
- asking us to take charge
- guiding us in doing the mindful thinking and doing work that builds confidence
- helping us define a higher purpose for wellness and uncover our natural impulse to be well
- helping us tap into our innate fighting spirit
- addressing mental and physical health together
- helping us draw a personal wellness blueprint
- helping us set realistic goals; small victories lay the foundation for self-efficacy
- harnessing the strengths we need to overcome our obstacles
- helping us view obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow
- helping us build a support team
Wellness coaches are practitioners and life-long students of coaching psychology,
a field focused on the scientific study of happiness and well-being.
Great coaches have several skills you will notice early. They are great listeners and enjoy your stories.
They foster self-acceptance and self-respect. They arouse, engage, energize, and challenge you to reach higher at the right moment.
They have a bird dog's ability to sniff out your strengths, values, and desires.
They are playful when appropriate. They take risks and ask courageous questions.
They don't rescue you from emotional muck - sometimes you need to sit in it for a bit to energize your desire to change.
They know that your life is at stake if you don't take care of yourself. And they know how to celebrate your successes.
The process of wellness coaching progresses through several stages:
- You provide background information through various assessments, so that you and your coach are well-informed on the key issues, including medical considerations, as appropriate
- During the first 60-90 minute coaching session, you identify your priorities and develop a personal wellness plan including a vision, three month goals and the first steps.
- In subsequent 30-40 minute coaching sessions, each week, month, or quarter, you and your coach review the progress toward your vision and goals, explore and resolve the most pressing issues, learn something new, and then agree on a set of goals for the following week. You will enjoy plenty of ah-hah insights along the way.
My name is Dr. Bud Harris, cWC, CPT, CET. I have been an award winning Safety Engineer, Certified Personal Trainer, Wellness Coach and Keynote Speaker for over 10 years. I have been very successful inspiring hundreds of clients to "JUST DO ANYTHING!" - consistently here at FitnessWork, LLC.
View here many many client testimonials.
Dr. Bud BIO
With over 25 years of safety, health and wellness experience, a diverse education & industry certifications and an expertise in many facets of the health, safety and wellness industry, Bud was the recipient of both the 2012 Wellcoaches Coaching Outcomes Excellence Award and the Wellness Coaches USA Coaching Excellence Award for Innovation & Creativity for his National Truckers to Triathletes Program @ www.t2tri.com
Currently, Bud is Founder and Owner of FitnessWork, LLC (since 2005) as a National Wellness Speaker, Coach, Consultant and writer who was recently employed at Wellness Coaches USA and Intel. Prior, Dr. Bud managed the Environmental, Safety, Health & Wellness (EHS) Program for Tyco Electronics PI and received the Safety & Health Achievement Recognition Program Award (SHARP) in 2005 and his "ErgoWell" was nominated for the Tyco International EH&S Excellence Award the same year.
Bud is a past Chairman and Executive Director of the Oregon Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and was the recipient of the 2005 National Association for Health and Fitness State Governors Councils Member of the Year Award honored for his work with OROSHA GOSH Workplace Health Promotion along side local Safety professionals and his Oregon youth programming. He is Founder, Program Director and Bike Coach of the City of Hillsboro (Oregon) Mountain Biking Programs which won a $5K REI 10 Mtn Bike grant for his "Ready Riders Rock" programming. He finds joy in motivating kids and adults to discover health and movement!
Bud has competed in national triathlons since 2002, is an IronMan70.3 Triathlete and an avid mountain biker and instructor. He was the Captain of his 2005 Tyco Electronics PI Hood to Coast 12 Person Relay Team. He lives in Hillsboro with his Danish wife Marie. His two lovely daughters, Erika and Elisia were married in August 2013. He can be seen around Hillsboro Just Doing Anything!
He is a lucky man.
Great you wanted more info. It means you are ready to take action and get started.
There are three ways to get started.
1 - Complementary 30 minute goal setting session ~ This fun and free session will allow us both to start to undertsand what life strategy you feel needs some positive focus but mainly to get to know each other and see if we are a good fit for each other. Contact one of the many ways I have listed which is best for you. I can also be found on twitter @doctorbud or facebook@Doc Bud ?
2 - WellNow ~ $200 ~ One 90 minute telephonic visioning/goal setting session complete with 90 day and weekly goals emailed via word document with a 15 minute follow-up Q&A session about plan.
3 - Coaching packages ~ all require a $30 setup fee which delivers the client a state of the art HIPPA compliant personal wellness portal for one (1) year with both desktop, tablet and mobile capabilities to set/track goals, list exercise routines/results and highlight personal lifestyle successes and biometric improvements.
Let's say we get started!
- $300 - WellWeather ~ Three (3) - 45min coaching sessions which produce a wellness vision/goals, 3 month action plans tied togther with weekly measuable action steps to track through ersonal wellness portal.
- $500 - 12 week coaching package complete with a 90 minute visioning session/goals setting, 90 day action plans and 12 weekly actions steps based on your plans.
- $995 - BEST VALUE - 6 months of weekly coaching. This value pacakge includes a 90 minute visioning session which will set a 6-month goal (run a triathlon, loose 30lbs, walk a 5K) with 6 months of weekly 15 minute goal checks and unlimited motivational texts and email support.